08 April 2009

What's in a Name?

When we first opened our business over ten years ago we spent a great deal of time coming up with a name. It had to be catchy, memorable, and still let people know what we do. There is a shop right on the main highway through town called Kindred Spirits. I always thought it was a tack shop since we have so many horse places in town, or an antique/consignment shop. Turns out it was a country furniture place. Still don't see a connection. Here are a few very catchy, very clever biz names...
I bet people walk from miles around to get a taste of this!
Can't we all just get along!
A little dirty ;)
I would leave a light on here!
Vegetarian haven...
Everyone should have a good time!
I wonder if he does weekend work?
Wonder if they get paid a lot?
Life is like a box of roses...
Sounds like my kind of morning!
The wild west!
Saw this at the hearth show this year. Definitely a favorite!

4 comments:

Jan said...

All very clever. We have a local hair salon called "It'll grow back."

Paula said...

Those are hysterical!
It took me a minute on "Just Falafs"... I had to say it out loud to get that one.

nikkicrumpet said...

Very fun...I always love it when businesses have clever names. I've seen several hair salons called "curl up and dye" and it always makes me laugh.

Sue said...

Love Florist Gump....