Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I have moved to eighteen different towns in 37 years. We moved a great deal when I was young, and Art and I moved around a quite a bit before we found home.
2. My Mother never wanted to let us have pets growing up. She is not a pet person. I am. Maybe that is why I have so many now!!
3. We once traded our two ferrets for two parrots. One of our early stove customers fostered parrots, but really wanted ferrets. After four years we were WAY over the ferrets, but I wanted a parrot. Ody still lives with us seven years later. Hilly went to live in CO but died of a brain tumor.
4. I am a picky eater. For example, every time I think of eating pickles I think of Dan telling me stories of someone he knew who cleaned pickle vats in Denver and about all the nasty stuff that would fall in. Ewww!
5. I am not a clean freak. My Mom was the type that would make your bed if you got up to pee in the morning… With three very fuzzy animals my carpets are more often white than the black they appear when I vacuum…
6. I have a savant ability to remember numbers. I am a hubby’s walking phone book and remember my credit card numbers. I can remember phone numbers from growing up, locker combos… A little freaky! I guess that is why I work in accounting!
7. My favorite job (other than my current one) was Radio Shack. I just loved that place! I had most of the part numbers memorized and could find the most obscure little diode anyone brought in. The pay was worse than pathetic, but I LOVED that job. It also taught me most of the structure we used to build our business!
8. I sleep flat on my stomach. Kind of like the dead man’s float. I cannot fall asleep otherwise.
9. I redecorate the house frequently. I think this is why I am such a good candidate for renovating a house. We walk into a house and start imagining tearing down walls, moving rooms. On a basic level I move furniture around and resituate constantly.
10. This is really hard! I am really pretty simple. I am not sure I can get to twenty-five!!
11. I don’t think I can live in a house without a stream anymore. I just love the sound on a summer night, and in winter it is so calming to go outside and that is all you hear…
12. I go to bed at ten. If I don’t go to bed at ten I might as well have. I gloss over and no amount of caffeine can keep me alert!
13. I find things like birthdays and anniversaries very important. Not the gifts, but celebrating and acknowledging them…
14. I got carded up until two years ago. It used to make me so mad! Now that I am not carded, I am a little put off…
15. I am a coffee addict. MY DD mug is rarely not in my hand!
16. My nemesis is laundry. I hate doing laundry!
17. I miss the sky. I love my trees, but a good sunset is really lacking!
18. Am I there yet?
19. I love that our town is so small it is kind of like high school. Everyone knows everyone else, and we all pitch in to make our community family work.
20. I have tinnitus that comes and goes in my right ear for a reason six doctors have not been able to pinpoint.
21. I had radial keratotomy done fifteen years ago. It held for ten years, although I didn’t get glasses again until two years ago.
22. I cherish my marriage. I know this is no secret but it is important to me. My life is fuller than I could have ever imagined. We complement each other well, and even when we worked twelve hour days together to get our biz up and running we loved being together. I feel very blessed.
23. I have a brown thumb. The few houseplants we have are cared for by Art.
24. I am a Stargate junkie. SG-1, Atlantis, the movies… We have a Stargate pinball machine, my favorite coffee mug, I have them all on DVD...
25. I am a New Englander. We moved here after we were married, but it felt like home. I love the seasons, the fact that we have mountains and the ocean. I also enjoy Art’s large family here.