31 January 2009

25 Things About Me I Bet You Didn't Know

I was tagged by Carla.

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. I have moved to eighteen different towns in 37 years. We moved a great deal when I was young, and Art and I moved around a quite a bit before we found home.

2. My Mother never wanted to let us have pets growing up. She is not a pet person. I am. Maybe that is why I have so many now!!

3. We once traded our two ferrets for two parrots. One of our early stove customers fostered parrots, but really wanted ferrets. After four years we were WAY over the ferrets, but I wanted a parrot. Ody still lives with us seven years later. Hilly went to live in CO but died of a brain tumor.

4. I am a picky eater. For example, every time I think of eating pickles I think of Dan telling me stories of someone he knew who cleaned pickle vats in Denver and about all the nasty stuff that would fall in. Ewww!

5. I am not a clean freak. My Mom was the type that would make your bed if you got up to pee in the morning… With three very fuzzy animals my carpets are more often white than the black they appear when I vacuum…

6. I have a savant ability to remember numbers. I am a hubby’s walking phone book and remember my credit card numbers. I can remember phone numbers from growing up, locker combos… A little freaky! I guess that is why I work in accounting!

7. My favorite job (other than my current one) was Radio Shack. I just loved that place! I had most of the part numbers memorized and could find the most obscure little diode anyone brought in. The pay was worse than pathetic, but I LOVED that job. It also taught me most of the structure we used to build our business!

8. I sleep flat on my stomach. Kind of like the dead man’s float. I cannot fall asleep otherwise.

9. I redecorate the house frequently. I think this is why I am such a good candidate for renovating a house. We walk into a house and start imagining tearing down walls, moving rooms. On a basic level I move furniture around and resituate constantly.

10. This is really hard! I am really pretty simple. I am not sure I can get to twenty-five!!

11. I don’t think I can live in a house without a stream anymore. I just love the sound on a summer night, and in winter it is so calming to go outside and that is all you hear…

12. I go to bed at ten. If I don’t go to bed at ten I might as well have. I gloss over and no amount of caffeine can keep me alert!

13. I find things like birthdays and anniversaries very important. Not the gifts, but celebrating and acknowledging them…

14. I got carded up until two years ago. It used to make me so mad! Now that I am not carded, I am a little put off…

15. I am a coffee addict. MY DD mug is rarely not in my hand!

16. My nemesis is laundry. I hate doing laundry!

17. I miss the sky. I love my trees, but a good sunset is really lacking!

18. Am I there yet?

19. I love that our town is so small it is kind of like high school. Everyone knows everyone else, and we all pitch in to make our community family work.

20. I have tinnitus that comes and goes in my right ear for a reason six doctors have not been able to pinpoint.

21. I had radial keratotomy done fifteen years ago. It held for ten years, although I didn’t get glasses again until two years ago.

22. I cherish my marriage. I know this is no secret but it is important to me. My life is fuller than I could have ever imagined. We complement each other well, and even when we worked twelve hour days together to get our biz up and running we loved being together. I feel very blessed.

23. I have a brown thumb. The few houseplants we have are cared for by Art.

24. I am a Stargate junkie. SG-1, Atlantis, the movies… We have a Stargate pinball machine, my favorite coffee mug, I have them all on DVD...

25. I am a New Englander. We moved here after we were married, but it felt like home. I love the seasons, the fact that we have mountains and the ocean. I also enjoy Art’s large family here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon-
It's weird, but I'm learning so much more about you AFTER you moved away via your blog and now Facebook. I'm really enjoying getting to know you better! :)

Uncivil said...

You are a strange cookie my dear. Maybe that's why I love your blog?!!!LOL!!
"I traded my ferret for a parrot" would make a great song, or even book on the best seller list.LOL!!!

I had a good friend who had a pet ferret back in the 80's. Crashed at his place one night. Woke up in a panic in the middle of night to find the darn ferret half way up my pants leg! Had to lock the little bugar in the bathroom so I could sleep!

Sue said...

Hi...I love reading facts about people...can't believe you enjoyed working at the Radio Shack...that's crazy!! The oddest thing about me is I can tell time without looking at a clock and I'm usually only off my a minute or two...I can wake up in the middle of the night think about what time it could be...look at the clock and I'm usually right on the money...Just like Kramer from Seinfeld!!

nikkicrumpet said...

I can't even imagine trying to do 25! My favorite is the beautiful relationship you have with your hubby!

Lisa Pogue said...

I love this post. I have one friend who does the numbers thing like you. It's uncanny. Most of the offenders where we work have AT LEAST a 5 digit register number, Rick can rattle them off. It makes me envious for some strange reason. I find it quite refreshing you are in a wonderful marriage and a great place in life. That's wonderful!!

Paula said...

LOL about being carded, then NOT being carded....
I am a number savant, too!! I always have numbers memorized for EVERYTHING.
I can even remember the phone number of the office I worked in 18 years ago!! (Why??)