2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We must be on the naughty list becuz' Santa doesn't come to our house anymore ;-)
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? I like white lights, or the new blue led lights. I just like them to be the same or a simple combo- no potpourri!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Just call me the grinch!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I used to do it about a week or two after Thanksgiving. This year I haven't done it yet, and not sure how much (if at all) I will do. At least my (hubby says 'tacky') fiber optic mini-tree will make an appearance!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Green Bean Casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? We did not live near our extended family growing up and did not see them often. We spent (I believe) only one X-mas visiting everyone. I went to church with my great grandma who just kept saying that none of her grandkids ever asked her that before (with a big smile on her face :) We did a secret Santa with my Mom's family. My Grandpa Jack and I went out for a late night snack and ended up thawing out cream puffs with his cars heater. I miss him terribly!!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was very young. Pretty sure my brother ruined that one for me. We did "pretend" for a few more years thinking that got us more presents! (yes, we were rotten kids!)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were young- no! Now, because my brother spends eve with my folks, and day with his inlaws we do all on x-mas eve (when we are together...)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I am pretty matchy matchy. I have white lights, and blue and white ornaments. I am not big on tinsel so I have the little wiry strand with silver and blue snowflakes.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, and no. I love to, but I am not graceful- AT ALL! I love it when hubby skates with me and lets me hold hands with him ;-)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Mom spoiled me growing up. Most memorable would be a doll that was almost as tall as I was (when I was four or five??)- I named her Kethany. Then, when we first moved to Colorado I remember a white stuffed cat. My bro and I used to "pre-open" presents to peak inside (told you we were ROTTEN!) and the paper ripped on that gift. We hid it in the tree and it was forgotten until Mom was taking the tree down and found it! Oops :-)>
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of them!! Love the almond butter press cookies, kringle, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, candy-cane cookies...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Don't really have one anymore.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Oh, Holy Night" When I was younger I was able to sing the soprano in chorale, and choir... Mr. Stephens (my high school music teacher was right- cheerleading does ruin your voice! Rats!)
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yuck for hard candy. Love the cookies!!
21. What do you want for Christmas? We don't really do presents (except for kids) so my wish is always to be with family. Maybe to get Art to go to a Christmas Eve service (but that won't happen...)
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes. FD had their's last Saturday, and I am going to the town party today. We will have a mini party with a few friends next week.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? PJ's.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? No. One of our employees wears one every day at work, though. So cool!
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We used to do Thanksgiving with hubbys, and X-mas with mine. My folks are boycotting Christmas this year and staying in Mexico (speaking of bah-humbug...). We hosted at our house the last two years and talked about going to NYC this year to see my neice, but looks like it might just be a quiet holiday at home this year...