26 July 2008

Three times the fun!

Our summer ends a little earlier than most. This is the (usual) beginning of our busy season, the end of travel season, and time to put our nose to the grindstone. This is also when we have evening time to watch movies, play games, and veg in front of the tube.
On that front it is a big week for me. Yes, the new season of Stargate Atlantis is very exciting- I like Woolsey more than I thought and miss Amanda Tapping but look forward to Sanctuary- but that was three weeks ago... The first on the list is, of course, Stargate related though. The final movie- Continuum comes out on DVD July 29. This is a time travel story that has the new SG-1 crew
plus old favorites like Jack and the Ba'al's.
The next is also a skiffy production- Eureka.I love this show. I am also glad that it has survived all that skiffy has done to it. Long breaks between seasons, only 12 eps per season, no reruns for months on end... But it is back! Rumor has it they will have a real season this year with twenty-something episodes instead of twelve. Yay! Tuesday night- I'm there!
Last, but certainly not least, is an old favorite. X-files.
The show that taught us to Trust No One and that nothing good ever happens in the dark! I am probably dating myself but I was soooooo addicted to this show when it was on. Well, until they got rid of Mulder- I waivered a bit there, but I have all the eps on vcr tapes, and the first movie. We might have to freshen up our knowledge before going to see this. My all time favorites include Dod Kalm where Mulder and Scully are investigating an old military ship that is stuck in a time warp, and How the Ghosts Stole Christmas with Lily Tomlin and Ed Asner.

No comments: